Just back from a lovely trip with my family to Jersey. What a charming island and just 45 minutes on the plane from Gatwick! We had a great time (in fact I think we will go back next year!). Here are 5 things about the island that I loved:
1. Staying at the The Atlantic Hotel. A really beautiful hotel (one of the best Small Luxury Hotels of the World) with its breathtaking ocean views and a Michelin starred restaurant.
2. Hiring bikes from Zebra Jersey and riding the old steam train route from the lighthouse at Corbiere to St Helier. Great fun despite the torrential rain!
3. Playing on the beach at St Brelade’s Bay. Beautiful sands, rolling seas, canoeing, surfing, buckets and spades. Very happy kids!
4. Climbing up to Mont Orgueil Castle at Gorey. The Medieval castle is outstanding with impressive art installations that retell the history of this East Coast stronghold.
5. Learning about the history of the island during the Second World War at the Jersey War Tunnels. Really moving stories of the occupation.
If you ever get a chance to go I would thoroughly recommend it!Read more →